Thursday, March 15, 2012

what I had....soup

Im home from work today and as hungry as I am, I refuse to put on pants without holes in them just to go to the grocery store.  But, as long as you have a pound of meat, a veggie, a starch, some chicken stock and a bit of heavy cream, you're golden.

What I had...soup.
Chopped up one large yellow onion and a turkey kielbasa sausage.

Sauteed that in a few tablespoons of olive oil until the onions were translucent with a bit of brown around the edges.  Then I added...three yellow yukon potatoes and a drained can of green beans.
Add the spices of your choice.  I chose basil, garlic, pepper, kosher salt, crushed red pepper flakes.
Stirred that up proper and added a quart of chicken stock.
Simmer that until the potatoes are tender.
Then add about a half a cup (or more to taste) of heavy cream, half and half works too!
Let it simmer on low for a few minutes before serving.

2 comments:

Mary said...

This sounds very good to me. It is pouring outside and our weather can't decided if it wants to be winter or spring. A bowl of soup would really hit the spot. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spot to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Pan Cuisine said...

Hi! Following you...love the soup recipe. Might just be making this very soon :).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails