Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Grandmother's Cornflake Chocolate Chip CoOkiEs


Today, I share with you something from my childhood.  A snippet of my youth that reverberates through time like a lime green ping pong ball on the game table of life.

okay, so forget I said that. 
That was really corny...great segway to the cornflake cookie recipe tho...no?
Please make these, share them with someone you love, with compliments of my gram.

mix this:
1 stick margarine, room temperature
1/2 cup butter Crisco
1 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar

Cream well, then add:
2 lg. eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix again, well then add:
2 1/4 c. AP flour
1 tsp. baking soda

Get all that incorporated then add and mix in by hand:
1 c. chocolate chips
2 c. cornflakes

I like to use those small ice cream scoops so that my cookies are uniform, but hey...use a spoon if you must, make sure there is ample room between cookies on the ungreased sheet pan.
Bake for about 12 minutes @ 325* (if you live at lower elevations, you can bake @ 350*).
For the first batch, keep an eye on them to judge how long to bake in your oven.
Im in a new house and this oven is totally different than my last one and I had to revamp my cooking time.
When the cookies are done, they will be golden brown around the edges and the middle will look kind of puffy and underdone.  Go ahead and remove them from the oven and kinda drop the pan down to deflate them and let them sit on the hot pan for a few minutes before you remove them.

These suckers are chewy and crispy and incredible, you are very welcome, my loves!

2 comments:

Ronda said...

These look really good, but I was just wondering how long to bake the butter, crisco and sugars?

Noshings said...

ugh..sorry Ronda...I fixed it, its supposed to be "mix" not "bake". Its been a long week lol
thanks for pointing that out =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails