Friday, February 18, 2011

Disheveled Joseph

They just didn't seem all that sloppy to me.
Step aside Manwich, there's a new Joe in town.

what you'll need:

1 1/2 lbs. lean ground meat (I had turkey)
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 small bell pepper, chopped

brown meat with veggies, then add:

1/3 c. brown sugar
1-2 Tbs. steak seasoning blend (I had a pepper steak blend)

stir sugar and seasonings into meat well, then add:

1 T. worchestershire
1 T. rice vinegar
8 oz. tomato sauce
1/2 c. BBQ sauce (your favorite is fine here)
1/4 c. ketchup

stir well and let simmer on low until mixture thickens, about 10-15 minutes.
I really love those onion/poppy seed buns.
They rock my world, but go crazy here as you'd like.
BUN CRAZY o.O

5 comments:

Pin-Feathers said...

Yum! I might have to report this post for abuse though because now I'm drooling on the keyboard and going through mental disturbities (it's a word, I'm pretty sure) over whether to make these, or my original plan of homemade soup....oh the mental anguish!

Christine said...

You had me at "Disheveled Joseph". I don't even eat meat, but I loved your play on the traditional sloppy joe. Great photo too!

Noshings said...

lol thanks Christine, Pin-Feathers
I bet ground tofu would be tasty ;)

Jenn said...

Manwich doesn't even come close to homemade Sloppy Joes. Yours look great, I love the addition of Worcestershire. You should try the version I just posted on my blog. They are seriously the best I have ever had.

envierecipes said...

I grew up eating, and loving, Sloppy Joes as a kid in Mississipppi. Haven't had one in years but will definitely try your recipe...looks much better than the ones I remember! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails