Thursday, December 9, 2010

Apple Cranberry Crumble Tart


or pie, your choice.
I don't have a tart pan, sacrilege, I know =/
the fresh cranberries add a nice tartness, especially if your apples aren't particularly tart.
what you'll need:

~1 unbaked 9" pie shell

~4 apples, good sized, peeled and chopped
~1 c. fresh cranberries, sliced in half

then add:
~1/3 c. sugar
~3 T. brown sugar
~4 T. flour
~2 tsp. cinnamon
~1/2 tsp. ginger
~1/2 tsp. nutmeg
~1/2 tsp. salt

mix to combine and pour into pie shell.
then add crumble evenly over the top.

crumble:
~1/3 c. flour
~1/3 c. sugar
~3 T. brown sugar
~1 tsp. cinnamon
~1/2 tsp. salt
~(optional: 1/4 c. chopped walnuts)
mix with a fork and then add:
~4 T. butter, room temp

mix again with fork until mixture is thoroughly combined and looks like a fine meal.
top the fruit and bake at 400* for about 45-50 minutes or until you start to see the fruit bubbling.
please cool the pie to room temp or chill in frig before slicing or you might fall apart on you
not that it won't taste good, it just won't slice nice.
hope you love it as much as we do!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Call me a freak - but the only fruit pie I like is crumble topped...must-have-crumble. This looks fabulous!

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] said...

That looks gorgeous. I'm a fan of any kind of pie :)

Sierra Snow Soaps said...

OK, I have the apples, the cranberries and the crumbs. Who needs a pie crust (because I am too lazy to make one, I am cleaning and don't want to stop or I'll quit) when you can make a crumble! Sounds delish!
Michelle in NV

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails